Shrines of Quebec - The Cathedrals, Churches and Chapels of Montreal and Quebec reveal an expression of the deep faith of the people and history of Quebec. We will visit the Basilica of St. Anne in Beaupre. St. Anne is the mother of Our Lady and the patron saint of Canada. The first chapel dedicated to her was built in 1658 and houses the miraculous statue of St. Anne. From the year the chapel was built, many miraculous healings have been reported. The pillars at the entrance to the Basilica are covered with crutches and canes from people who have experienced miraculous healings. In Quebec we will visit the Notre Dame du Cap. Located on the banks of St. Lawrence River, it is the largest Marian shrine in North America. The Basilica was built in 1720 and dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. A miraculous bridge of ice enabled its construction, which is the first miracle attributed to the Basilica. During our pilgrimage of Canada we will also see the Notre Dame Basilica and St. Patrick’s Basilica in Montreal. Our extensive pilgrimage will invite you to enter into the prayerful spirit of French Canada.
Shrines of Quebec Programme
- Please see below for a detailed description of our pilgrimage to Quebec. For specific dates and a detailed itinerary please see our price grid.
- In Cap de la Madeline we celebrate Mass at the Old Shrine and take part in the Rosary and candlelight procession. Visit the Basilica, the Rosary Bridge and St Marys Lake. See the Miraculous Statue and the Way of the Cross.
- While in Beaupre we will visit the great Basilica where we see the Miraculous Statue of St Anne holding Virgin Mary in her arms, the Relic of St Anne presented by Pope John XXIII, the Immaculate Conception chapel, the Pieta, Tomb of Fr Pampalon, the stained glass windows and the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. We visit the Memorial Chapel and nearby ascend the Holy Steps in the traditional way. We will also partake in the Way of the Cross and visit the Museum of St Anne and the magnificent Cyclorama of Jerusalem. In the evening we celebrate Mass in the Basilica and take part in the candlelight procession.
- Take a day trip to Grosse Ille, in the St Lawrence River. An Island Sacred to the memory of 6,000 Irish Famine exiles buried there. It is estimated about 500,000 Irish passed through this quarantine station between 1832 and 1932 on their way to Canada. Picnic lunch on the island. Return to St Anne de Beaupre for evening Mass & candlelight procession.
- In Quebec see Frontenac Castle, Notre Dame Cathedral, Parliament Building, City Hall, St Luis Gate in the Ramparts and church of Notre Dame de Victories. Free time in the Old City.
- Our tour of Montreal includes visits to the great Shrine of St Joseph on Mount Royal – built by St Bro Andre. We have a guided tour of this magnificent Basilica and see the tomb of the Saint, his accommodation and original chapel. This afternoon we have a guided tour of Montreal with a visit to the Basilicas of Notre Dame & St Patricks. On our tour we see the Cathedral of Mary Queen of the World, the Old Port, Olympic Tower, McGill University and Chinatown.
- Fly from Montreal to Toronto and drive to Hamilton for a “coffee” stop at the Slainte Irish Pub. Continue to Niagara Falls and this evening walk to the view the magnificent Falls. Also while we are in Niagara we will enjoy a wonderful trip on the “Maid of the Mist” below the Falls. Free time in this famous resort. Afternoon visit to the Hillebrand Winery where we are shown how the grape is harvested, how the wines are made and more importantly – we get to taste the finished product.
- In Toronto take in an afternoon guided city sightseeing tour which includes: the C N Tower, City Hall, Case Loma, Yonge Street, Union Station, University, Art Gallery, Nathan Philips Square, Toronto Harbour, Prince Edward Viaduct, Ontario Legislative Building and the Financial District. We visit St Patricks Church – home of the Canadian National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. Also in Toronto we will have some free time to explore the largest and busiest Shopping Mall in Toronto, – the Eton Centre.
& PRICES IN SHRINES OF QUEBEC | ACCOMMODATION
IN SHRINES OF QUEBEC